Automation is everywhere, from Alexa to Google Home. Now, even your pool can be automated. Pool controllers connect all of your pool’s equipment to a single control center, sometimes using Wi-Fi. You can then operate such functions from your phone using the system’s matching mobile app. Many pool controllers can also link with various smart devices. It’s convenient, luxurious, and hassle-free!
How Do Pool Controller Systems Function?
Before pool controllers, we used to walk around and manage each switch feature separately.
Pool controllers allow you to control multiple features from a single location. In addition, the control panel can be located away from the pool in a more accessible location near you.
Pool controllers employ a control panel to operate various pool functions remotely. These are often pumps and heaters but can also include water fixtures, light fixtures, and hot tubs.
Unfortunately, most pool controllers are not built to keep your water quality stable. Pool controllers are more suited for switching things on and off and changing their settings. Putting up a pool controller system is complicated. It’s best to never attempt doing electrical work by yourself. Stay safe by hiring a professional pool specialist in San Diego, Ca.
How Much Do Pool Controllers Cost to Install?
Pool controllers are more affordable than many other high-end features and pool accessories.
A good pool controller system can range in price from $1,500 to $3,500. The average cost of installing it for your pool is around $2000. This initial cost is determined by a variety of factors, including:
- Your pool’s size, complexity, and type
- Whether or not an additional hot tub exists
- The brand and model of the pool controller
- Whether or not a smartphone app is included
Getting an automation system is more costly upfront than not getting one. Still, a pool controller might save you a lot on energy bills in the long run.
Which Parts of the Pool Can Be Automated?
Many kinds of equipment may be wirelessly controlled by pool controllers. Some of these equipment are heaters, pumps, and lighting. These features allow you to choose your preferred pool settings before going to your pool. This adds a lot to making your pool experience more comfortable and enjoyable. Here are some pool parts that can be automated:
- Chlorinators: These keep an eye on the salt level and regulate the chlorine output
- Water Features: These include switch pool jets, fountains, or other water features on or off.
- Hot tubs: You use the controller to activate the jets.
- Light Fixtures: Control the color and intensity of your pool lights from anywhere to set the atmosphere.
- Pool Pumps: Manage water flow or turn water pumps on and off.
- Temperature: You can set the heater of your pool or tub, so that it is ready to use when you arrive home.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Pool Controllers
Pros of pool controllers
- They have good systems that come at affordable prices.
- These are easy to upgrade at a later date.
- They are efficient and helps saves money.
- These can be connected to their partnered smartphone app.
- They can be linked with virtual home assistants.
Downsides of pool controllers
- They can be tricky and technical to manage.
- They are not made for water chemistry regulation.
Can I Add Pool Controls at Another Time?
Yes, of course. If you want to save some cash on your purchase, you can delay installing a pool controller. Unlike other pool features, pool automation systems can be installed later on. It may be best for your budget if you delay purchasing a pool controller.
Should I Install a Controller for My Pool?
Pool controllers are ideal for tech-savvy individuals. These are best when you have a lot of specific features that are far away from your residence. Good pool controllers allow you to manage your pool remotely. They increase the efficiency and comfort of your pool. This is best when you have a lot of pool equipment. These pool controllers are difficult to install, but you can hire a professional to handle them. These aren’t a good choice if you don’t want to invest in expensive gadgets and have a basic pool.
Essentially, the question is: Will installing pool controllers make things easier for you? Can you afford it? If the answer to that is yes, go ahead and do it.
Professional San Diego-based Services to Help You and Your Pool
Make sure to check out Cherry Pool Services if you own a pool in the San Diego area. We can install and repair pool automation systems and help you with other pool services. With many years of pool service knowledge, we can assist you in selecting and installing the ideal control system for your needs.
Cherry Pool Services is happy to guide and help you. We can do everything from pool cleaning to routine repair and maintenance. We also provide hot tub services.
Don’t just go for anything less than the finest; choose Cherry Pool Services. Call us at 858-999-1004 or send us an email through our contact page. You’d never have to be too concerned about your pool with our services again. Give our services a try today.